
We finally arrived at the hospital just after 10:30 am, eager to start the delivery process. At 1:30 our doctor was able to swing by to break my water & give me some meds to speed up the process. By 5:30 I was ready for the epidural....once receiving it I found myself asking why I waited until 5:30!
By about 10pm the nurses were getting pretty unsettled about the baby's heart rate, it wasn't responding how it should. Our doctor requested that we pull back on the meds. Fortunately for me I was ready to go, so we started pushing. After 2 1/2 hours of pushing and not making much progress the nurses tried to connect with my doctor, but after multiple attempts they couldn't reach her. A back-up doc was called and we moved into the O.R. for an emergency c-section.
At 1:37 am on July 10th, 2008 we heard "It's a girl!"
Avery Ann Degel was born weighing in at a healthy 8lbs 4oz and was 21 inches long. Avery has dark hair and blue eyes....for now.